Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Finding the Power Within

This morning I came across a commercial and really enjoyed the message about finding our power within.  To me, this is what achieving our personal best is all about.

The commercial depicts Patrick Willis of the NFL thinking in retrospect of his life as a little boy... facing the challenges of growing up.  Perhaps the reason I like the video is because of the memories this picture brings to me.  Growing up in rural Virginia, there were many times when I just ran through fields or pastures because there wasn't anything else to do.  I often used my imagination to create scenarios with my brothers as we would play Hide-and-Seek, play Army, or Cowboys and Indians.  Those were great times and were my foundation for developing my power.
I particularly like these words in the commercial, "I don't know if I was because I was running towards something or running away from it.  But, that didn't matter.  What I did know is, that when you run into something, something bigger, something meaner, something with the power to knock you down...  You have to trust in yourself!  Trust that you can get back up!  And, not give in!  Ever!"


"Cause power isn't just about going forward... it's about not letting anything hold you back. You find it within yourself and you can go anywhere you want."

Finding that power is a daily task.  We can't give up if we want to succeed.  I'll share what I've been doing lately in my journey to continue my path to success in another post.  I'd love to hear what my readers are doing.  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment