Monday, January 11, 2010

Inspiration


The concept of writing about achieving personal excellence has been in the works (in my mind) for a few years. It began to solidify a couple of years ago when I watched my youngest daughter swim the 25M Freestyle in a swim meet at 3 yrs. old. I don't think she had any fear at that point, but just wanted to copy her two older sisters -- she had no inhibitions and just enjoyed the fun in the water.

A year later, she developed a sense of social consciousness and would not swim. Even with all the encouragement and coaxing, we were not able to get her to swim. She would only stand on the platform and cry - frozen with fear. What was the difference? How could I as a parent help my daughter? I wanted her to succeed so bad - not for me, but for her! I want her to constantly improve, to be her personal best!

For much of my life I have been interested in personal improvement, eliminating fear, empowering thought processes, solving problems, and really interested in anything to do with choosing to be better and helping others in the process. With this new year, 2010, along with the prompting of my wife, I have decided to document the Pursuit of my Personal Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment